You need to analyse two recent cases where concerns about the involvement of science has been raised in the media:
• You must describe the concerns about each of the case.
• Then use a number of media sources to analyse whether the concerns raised by the media are justified or not.
• Are the facts raised by the media sources correct and have they reported the scientific concerns accurately?
• At the end can you justify or not whether the concerns reported are accurate and unbiased.
You can choose from these cases any 2:
1. Drug testing trials on humans tha had fatal results.
2. Mobile phones causes cancer
3. Ivf treatment for the elderly
4. Genetically modified crops
5. Nuclear plants and waste incinerations causes cancer